May 3, 2009

Watt & Shand #2 at The Arts Hotel


I'm very pleased to report that Watt & Shand #2 has been sold.
I returned home from a wonderful vacation in the wee hours on Friday morning, got a bit of rest and started unpacking, then hied downtown to the Lancaster Arts Hotel for the Artist's Reception for the PA Arts Experience Members Exhibit. I had a great time meeting and greeting and talking to people. Almost everyone I spoke with had a story or a remembrance about shopping or working at the store; it's obviously a integral part of the shared history of Lancaster, and the construction project is starting a new chapter.
I've added a new gallery to my website called "The Structures" where you can see Watt & Shand #1 and #2, and watch for #3 to be added soon. And if you are new here, you can track back the evolution of my series chronicling the transformation of the former department store into a hotel and convention center by clicking on "Watt & Shand" under Labels in the right sidebar.
The exhibit runs until June 17th; I'm so privileged to be in the company of this amazing group of artists. Go if you get the chance!

1 comment:

Pat Dolan said...

Hi, Sue ~
This piece looks as though you've found a whole new way to bring the eyes of others to that which captures your attention. I like the variation in style and the linear-ness of this piece vs. the curvaceous-ness of your floral pieces.
Keep up the great work!