May 2, 2008

Collage Mania!

I am a huge fan of Virginia Spiegel's work, and of her amazing organizational and fundraising skill. I have donated artwork in the past for Fiberart for a Cause, and I am happy to be participating in this year's Collage Mania event. I will quote Virginia to give you some of the details:


"Collage Mania opens this coming Monday, May 5 and continues Tuesday, May 6. You can see the 235 collages donated by more than 100 talented fiber artists from around the world here: http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/CollageMania081.html


Of course, 100% of the proceeds are donated directly to the American Cancer Society through Fiberart For A Cause. This isn't an auction. Rather all collages will be available, firstcome-first serve, for a minimum donation of $80 on Monday and for a minimum donation of $40 on Tuesday.If you are able to donate a little more, great! As a small incentive, I will be sending one of my collages to the patron who contributes the most to this fundraiser, either for a single collage or in aggregate. Of course, fundraising is the purpose of Collage Mania. But, almost as much, I hope you will look through the collages and perhaps discover an artist new to you and be inspired to add to your art collection."


My "The Last Hurrah #1", above, and "The Last Hurrah #2", below, are on page 10 of the site.


No comments: