April 27, 2008

Two NQA Invitationals

I am both pleased and honored to be able to announce that two of my quilts are going to the 39th Annual NQA Quilt Show in Columbus, OH in June. "White Mulberry", above, will be part of a special invitational exhibit, Contemporary Colorations: the WOW Factor. Here's part of the Thematic Statement: This exhibit presents a selection of 20 contemporary quilts that exemplify a masterful use of color. The “wow factor” may be stunningly eye-popping, insidiously subtle, pleasantly enveloping, or just out and out gorgeous. To say I am thrilled to be included would be an understatement!


Also going to NQA will be "The Fledgling", below, as part of the Sacred Threads exhibit. Sacred Threads "is an exhibition of quilts exploring the subject themes of spirituality, joy, inspiration, peace/brotherhood, grief and healing. This biennial exhibition was established to provide a safe venue for quilters of all faiths who see their work as a connection to the sacred and/or as an expression of their spiritual journey." I believe very strongly in the purpose and value of this venue, and am glad that it is receiving additional exposure. Selected works from the 2007 exhibit were shown at the IQA festival in Houston last fall, and are now also traveling to NQA.


Detail shots and more information for "White Mulberry" and "The Fledgling" can be found at my website.

7 comments:

English Rose said...

Sue, that is brilliant, well done. You are absolutely allowed to be feeling proud about this.

Sue Reno said...

Thanks! I am feeling rather chuffed :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sue!

Mary Manahan

Frieda Oxenham said...

Hi Sue, love your new art! And just wanted to let you know I received one of your pieces (The Last Hurrah #11) in the 10th Collage Exchange and I really love it. Although I do a lot of mixed media work I remain a fabric artist at heart and your piece just made my heart sing!

Sue Reno said...

Thank you Frieda, you are very kind! I am a big fan of your work as well, and I'm happy one of my collages found a home with you.

sophie said...

Congratulations, Sue. I look forward to seeing both pieces in Columbus.

Sue Reno said...

Thanks Sophie! It would be great if you would me know how they look hanging there.