May 29, 2016

The Susquehanna from Marietta, PA





Susquehanna River from Marietta, PA

This week the weather was still stormy, but with interludes of sunshine. I made a quick trip to the Susquehanna at the boat launch just off of Furnace Road, near Marietta PA. I'd been in the area previously, but this time I was  armed with the telephoto lens.  In the distance downriver, I could see both the modern Rt.30 span and the Veterans Memorial Bridge.  A bit to the left, and I could just spot the gazebo on the top of the hill at the Breezyview Overlook:
Breezyview Overlook, Susquehanna River
 I'd been to Breezyview. looking down, back in Week 13:

52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 13 panel, by Sue Reno
52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 13 panel
And also in Week 30, when a snow squall popped up:
52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 30 panel, by Sue Reno
52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 30 panel
A bit further to the left is Chickies Rock.
Chickies Rock, Susquehanna River
 I was at the Chickies Overlook just recently, in Week 45:
52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 45 panel, by Sue Reno
52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 45 panel
This week I pushed the lens to its limit to capture both bridges and the Turkey Hill windmills (as seen last week). I chose this picture for my week 48 Image:
52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 48 image, by Sue Reno
52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 48 image
 I made this panel in response.  The panel is 6" x 12", wool, silk, and mylar, needlefelted and stitched.
52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 48 panel, by Sue Reno
52 Ways to Look at the River,  Week 48 panel
Only 4 more weeks to go in this self-directed project, 52 Ways to Look at the River.

You can follow along on your platform of choice:
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/suereno/
Instagram: sue_reno_studio

I've added a "52 Weeks" tab at the top header so you can track the project back to the beginning.

As always, thank you for reading and commenting.



No comments: