May 23, 2016

River Dreams for SAQA Benefit Auction

UPDATE:  River Dreams has been scheduled for Section 1 of the auction. The auction will kick-off at 2pm EDT on September 16 with Diamond Day bidding - an early bird opportunity to purchase ANY quilt for $1000. Section one works go up for bid in a reverse auction from September 19 - 25. All the details are on the SAQA website.
River Dreams by Sue Reno
River Dreams 
I've made an art quilt for this year's SAQA Benefit Auction.  I've named it River Dreams, as it is a distillation and continuation of the work I've been doing in my 52 Ways to Look at the River Project and in my ongoing series the River   It's 12" x 12", needlefelted with wool and silk, stitched and quilted, and hand beaded.  The texture on this piece is incredible; here's a detail shot of the tree:

River Dreams, detail,  by Sue Reno
River Dreams, detail
 The SAQA (Studio Art Quilts Associates) Benefit Action Fundraiser  begins on September 16, and I will be sure to update you as it approaches.  I seldom make work in this format, so this is an unique opportunity to make my work a part of your collection!

The funds from the Auction go towards the exhibition program.  I am very, very grateful for the amazing journey The Organic Landscape has been on as part of the Seasonal Palette exhibit-it's currently in Taiwan!-- so I am happy to be able to contribute to the cause.

Just for fun, here's a GIF of River Dreams as a work in progress:
River Dreams GIF by Sue Reno
River Dreams, Work in Progress

As always thanks for reading and commenting.

No comments: