June 16, 2009

Images 2009 Reception

I had a great time at the reception for Images 2009 at Penn State. The quality of the art was very high again this year, and I loved seeing fiber so well represented. Here's a quote from the Essay by Juror Judith Hansen O'Toole: "I do not believe in the separation of craft and “high” art so the coming together, especially in the fabric pieces submitted this year, of formalist and utilitarian (or potentially utilitarian) was wonderful to see." I couldn't agree with her more. I also appreciate how well they light the fiber pieces at this show; the textures are highlighted without being washed out, and the colors are true.

My good friend Jan rode with me, and we met up with Pat Dolan (my thanks to Pat for the picture above), and a good time was had by all.

Cold Cave is on my website here, and you can track it back as a work in progress under Labels in the right sidebar.

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

That is a lovely piece - I don't think I have seen it before.

FunkyC said...

That's a great piece! I'd love to see detail pics.

Sue Reno said...

Thanks! It's fairly new. It's up on my website, with details, at http://www.suereno.com/Cold_Cave.html You can also track it back as a work in progress here on the blog, look under Labels in the right sidebar.