June 29, 2009

Art of the State Reception

I had a fine time at the opening reception of the Art of the State exhibit at the PA State Museum. They really did it up right. Above is the obligatory shot of me standing and beaming in front of my Big Root Geranium, and below you can see it in context. The work to the left of mine is Wyoming, by Linda Fanning-Lefevre. I met Linda a few weeks ago at the Susquehanna House opening, and it was a cool coincidence to meet her again and find her work next to mine.
Here's a general crowd shot to give a feel for the gallery space:

And another crowd/gallery shot. It was a large crowd, hundreds of art enthusiasts, and there was a lot of good energy and amazing work in the space. I had poured over the images online, but as always it didn't prepare me for how impressive, diverse, and innovative the art was up close and personal. The exhibit runs until September 20 and is well worth a visit if you find yourself in the Harrisburg PA area.

Leaving the show, I got this shot of the curved exterior wall of the museum in the twilight:

And one looking across the street to the State Capitol building.

No comments: