January 16, 2016

Work accepted for AQS Lancaster Quiltweek

I am excited to announce that both of my entries were accepted for this year's AQS Lancaster Quiltweek event.

In Dreams I Learned to Swim, by Sue Reno
In Dreams I Learned to Swim
In Dreams I Learned to Swim is a homage to my beloved Susquehanna River.  It's a large quilt, at 60"high by 80" wide, and features a needlefelted and stitched panel centered on a background quilt made from my hand printed and painted fabrics.  It spent last summer at the State Museum of Pennsylvania as part of the Art of the State exhibit.  If any of my local friends missed it there, or want to revisit it, here's your chance.

In Dreams I Learned to Swim, by Sue Reno, detail

Japanese Anemone is my latest work, just revealed on my last blog post. It features cyanotype prints, vintage embroidery, and hand painted and commercial fabrics.  It's 40"h x 46"w.

Japanese Anemone, by Sue Reno
Japanese Anemone
The AQS Quiltweek event will be held at the Lancaster County Convention Center from March 16 - 19, 2016.  It's my hometown show, so I am thrilled and honored to once again have the opportunity to be a part of it.  Perhaps I'll see you there!

Japanese Anemone, by Sue Reno, detail
Fun fact--The Convention Center and Marriott Hotel were built on the site of the former Watt & Shand department store in center city Lancaster, PA, and the gorgeous facade of that building was painstakingly preserved and incorporated into the new complex.  I spent several years obsessively taking photos of the construction project and turning them into a series of 10 art quilts. You can view them on my website in my Structures gallery, and read all about the works in progress and their subsequent travels by clicking on the Watt & Shand tab in the top header.

Watt & Shand #1, by Sue Reno
Watt & Shand #1

1 comment:

Anni Matsick said...

Congrats, Sue! You're part of Lancaster's great wealth of talent.