June 3, 2008

Quilt Odyssey Acceptance

I'm pleased to announce that The Organic Garden has been accepted into Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA. I really like this show. It's not huge, but all the work seems to be so carefully chosen. It's close enough that I can attend each year and appreciate the beautiful exhibits.

This show treats the artists well, with a free admission pass, and exhibitors ribbon, and encouragement to "spend some time by your quilt answering questions from curious quilters and admirers." I spend a lot of time hunkered down in the studio, working, so to get out and talk to people about my work is a treat.

It's interesting, too, to hear candid opinions about my work from casual viewers. Kind comments are always welcome and appreciated, discussions about motivation and the fine points of the craft are stimulating, and sometimes I hear a point of view that hadn't occurred to me. It's stimulating to get my work out there, and I always come home from an exhibit excited and motivated.

No comments: