June 24, 2008

On the Road



I had a nice trip to Columbus, OH, last week to attend the NQA show. I liked the city, at least the parts of it I saw, and the convention center facilities were modern and pleasant. The work in the show veered toward the traditional/contemporary, and there were a lot of jaw-dropping quilts exhibiting masterful technical skills. Best of all I got to meet the amazing Karen Musgrave, who I have "known" online for years, and we had a fun time hanging out.


I was able to see my White Mulberry in the Contemporary Colorations exhibit, and I spent some time enjoying the other wonderful, diverse, and yes, colorful work in this part of the show. I also greatly enjoyed the Sacred Threads exhibit, which included my The Fledgling--there was some very powerful work included, and it was well displayed.

On the way back I stopped for a few days in Pittsburgh to visit family, and spent some time at the Three Rivers Arts Festival. Below is a shot of part of the PPG Place complex; it's spectacular!

No comments: