October 20, 2020

Experiments in wet cyanotype - part 54

Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 780
First I want to take a moment to note that this is my 700th blog post! I began back in January 2008, and have been at it consistently ever since. I set several informal rules for my postings back then that I have observed ever since. My focus is on my artwork and the inspiration for the artwork, which includes gardening, hiking, and travel; my personal life is incidental. And rather than posting on a schedule, I post when I have something to report and something to say, with the intention that each post adds value and is worth my time and yours. 

I know that blogging has fallen in and out of popularity several times over the past 13 years, but I am carrying on regardless and hope to continue indefinitely. Many, many thanks to all of you who have supported and encouraged me over time, it means the world to me.
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 781
It seems fitting that today's post features wet cyanotype work, as that has been a huge part of my artmaking life for the past several years. Here we have two prints on cotton sateen, about 4ft. by 2ft., using cyanotype and Solarfast chemicals. I made them during September's warm and sunny spell. The first is Japanese anemone and maple leaves, and the second is black walnut.
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 782
Here they are after a long exposure but before rinsing.
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 783

Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 784
Here are the finished prints. I am very happy with how crisp and detailed they are. I am adding them to the wealth of prints that are stacked up and awaiting stitching. It's looking like we will be going back into lockdown during the fall and winter, so I am grateful I will have something to occupy myself. 
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 785

 A reminder that you can also follow on your platform of choice:

No comments: