October 10, 2020

Experiments in wet cyanotype - part 53

Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 768
Here is another sunny September batch of wet cyanotype prints on mineral paper. Again, I used leaves from my gardens and yard. Above are two calla leaves; I planted an unlabeled assortment of bulbs this spring, and I believe these are two different varieties, hence the slightly different profiles. I also planted a lot of ferns, and while they were all labeled and I kept track of what went where, for printing purposes I didn't check my notes, just clipped a good looking one. 
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 769

Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 770
I have an elm growing at the fence line, and snagged a twig of that as well. I love the leaf edges.
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 771
Here are the prints after about 5 hours exposure, but before rinsing.
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 772
I got a lot of nice, fine leaf definition with this batch.
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 773
The rusty color on these is pretty fabulous, but it does rinse out. 
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 774

Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 775
Here are the finished prints. 
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 776
I got some purple tones in some of these.
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 777
On the whole, I think this batch has a very aqueous look to them, like they were caught in a storm or a moving stream of water.
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 778
This elm print is so simplistic yet so very striking. 
Wet Cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 779
A reminder that you can also follow on your platform of choice:

 

No comments: