April 11, 2020

In Dreams I Saw the Rift acceptance into Art of the State

In Dreams I Saw the Rift, by Sue Reno
In Dreams I Saw the Rift
I am thrilled and honored to announce that my latest work, In Dreams I Saw the Rift, has been accepted into Art of the State Pennsylvania 2020.
In Dreams I Saw the Rift, by Sue Reno, detail 1
In Dreams I Saw the Rift, detail 1
Once again the submission process was very competitive, with over 2000 entries from which jurors Lauren Frances AdamsClara Lieu and Ron Tarver chose 109 works. Within that group, my work is part of the fine craft category; the exhibit also comprises painting, photography and digital media, sculpture, and works on paper. The exhibit is always of the highest quality, and the gallery space in the State Museum is fantastic. I am delighted to have a place to display this large work, where I can count on the lighting and staging to be excellent.

In Dreams I Saw the Rift, by Sue Reno, detail 3
In Dreams I Saw the Rift, detail 3
This year obviously poses some serious challenges for art exhibits. The museum is currently closed, at least until the end of April, and staff is working from home. This opening date has been postponed from June until (hopefully) September. I'll post updates as I get them.

I am acutely aware of how fortunate I am to be currently sheltering safely, to have my basic needs met, and to have studio space in my home. I share this good news with the knowledge that life is difficult for many right now. As I look for ways to help, I'm sending out positive thoughts and love to all my friends.

No comments: