April 21, 2020

Drawing on the Susquehanna - Online Exhibition

52 Ways to Look at the River, by Sue Reno
52 Ways to Look at the River
 Drawing on the Susquehanna, Four Centuries of Artistic Inspiration and Commerce,  was scheduled to open at Lore Degenstein Gallery, Susquehanna University, this April. In the current shutdown situation, the physical exhibit has been postponed. However, the good news is that curator and artist Rob Evans has put together an outstanding online exhibit available here.
In Dreams I Found Utopia, by Sue Reno
In Dreams I Found Utopia
Rob states: "Pulling together this exhibit has been a two year journey and labor of love: researching, tracking down and purchasing prints, books, magazines, maps, ceramics and other works of art by scouring Ebay, obscure book and print shops, and various online marketplaces around the globe. Not only has this exploration been a treasure hunt of sorts, but it has deepened my sense of connection to this valley, and to my roots as an artist following in the footsteps of those who have lived and worked here before me, and who, like me, have been taken in and transformed by the sublime beauty and rich human history this river embodies."

As you may have noticed, I am also enamored of the Susquehanna, and have a series of works portraying it in its many moods. I am honored that two of them, 52 Ways to Look at the River, and In Dreams I Found Utopia, are included in this exhibit.

The artwork in the exhibit is truly amazing, and Rob is very eloquent in his descriptions and in placing the works in their larger context.  Please find a few quiet moments to treat yourself to this wonderful journey through time and space; again, available here.

No comments: