December 9, 2014

My work for “The 100” Fundraiser, in progress

SueReno, felted river
Early this year I was honored to film for Quilting Arts TV series 1400, with Susan Brubaker Knapp as the host.  For one my segments, I demonstrated my method of combining needlefelting with other techniques to create a river landscape.  I’ve used this method on several of my latest works in The River series, including If I Woke at Dawn:
Sue Reno, If I Woke at Dawn and In Dreams I Climbed the Cliffs:
Sue Reno, In Dreams I Climbed the Cliffs
I prepared a lot of “step-outs” for the shoot, showing the progression of steps needed to achieve the result.  Most of these I was able to recycle back into my stash or works in progress, but the final example, shown above, deserved a higher purpose. 

I will be adding more stitching, texture, and embellishment, and donating it to one lucky (randomly selected) bidder in Virginia Spiegel’s excellent fundraiser for the ACS, The 100.  Details on how it all works, and the list of the other 99 amazing contributing artists, can be found here.


Mark your calendars for February 4 for your chance to contribute to a good cause and own a unique work of fiber art.

No comments: