June 3, 2012

Watt & Shand #9 Acceptance - Tactile Architecture 2012

SueReno_WattShand9
Watt & Shand #9
I am thrilled to announce that Watt & Shand #9 has been accepted into Tactile Architecture 2012, a special exhibit that will debut at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX, Nov. 1 - 4, and then travel to the festivals in Cincinnati, OH and Long Beach, CA in 2013
SueReno_WattShand9Detail3
Watt & Shand #9, detail 3
Of all the quilts submitted, only 26 were selected.  I am very honored to have my work included.

SueReno_WattShand9Detail2
Watt & Shand #9, detail 2
You can read all about the inspiration for this series of works --the former Watt & Shand department store in Lancaster, PA, that was re-purposed into a hotel and convention center--on my website, and/or by clicking on the “Watt & Shand” tab at the top of the page and tracking back the works in progress and the places the quilts have traveled to. I little dreamed, when I first turned the corner on King St. several years ago,  and was mesmerized by the sight of the empty fa├žade of the grand Beaux Arts building, how much my life would be enriched by following my muse. It’s been quite a ride!

2 comments:

DeCamp Fiber Arts Studio said...

Congratulations, Sue! And I like seeing the exhibit history of each quilt on your website... Nice!

Karen S Musgrave said...

Congrats and well deserved!