March 9, 2010

"More Than Fiber" Reception

Last Thursday I attended the opening reception for the "More Than Fiber" exhibit at the Goggleworks in Reading, PA. There I am standing happily in front of my Fireball. I love it when my work is well displayed, well lit, and in the company of a diverse lot of wonderful works of art. The Goggleworks is a great facility and they did things up right for the reception, including tasty nibbles. They also had the good taste to put Fireball up on their home page--how cool is that?
Here's Jill Rumoshosky Werner, who came all the way from Kansas for the opening, talking about her "Picniced" to an appreciative audience. Jill specializes in conceptual and 3-d work; this piece won the second place award. I've known Jill online for many years, and was delighted to finally meet her in person and have a chance to talk with her.
I also met Toni Kersey, shown here standing with "Urban Voodoo 3", one of two works she had int the show. I love the energy and vibrancy of this piece, and chatting with Toni was a real treat. I hope to see more of her and of her work in the future.
I was too busy talking to get more pictures, but I also had a great time meeting Mary Stoudt, who had two quilts in the show. Mary showed me her studio space upstairs at the Goggleworks, where I was lucky enough to see more of her work and her process.
The exhibit is up until April 18th--go if you get the chance!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I LOVE your teal jacket (of course the quilt is beautiful too!). A warm up for your forthcoming exhibition?

Sue Reno said...

Thanks, Brenda, I love that jacket too, it's silk, and makes me feel classy. And yes, I'm just getting warmed up :-)

Vivien Zepf said...

On the home page -- how cool is that? Very, I have to agree! Your piece looks great. Congrats!

And yes, the silk jacket looks great on you.