July 11, 2024

Experiments in film soup - part 2

 

Sue Reno, film soup, image 10
It's time for more film soup goodness! This batch of photos is from a roll of Fuji film 200 in my Minolta Maxxum 50 camera, souped with lime juice, dried, and specially processed. (See my previous post for more details on how the process works.)

Sue Reno, film soup, image 11
Again with this roll, the effects are subtle-to-mid, enhancing but not substantially changing the imagery. It's a happy space for me.
Sue Reno, film soup, image 12

Sue Reno, film soup, image 13

The Greer tunnel on the Montour trail is turning into a perennial favorite subject. The addition of the metal panels done during an extensive renovation just takes everything to the next level, in person and in photos.
Sue Reno, film soup, image 14

Sue Reno, film soup, image 15
St. Francis looks appropriately ethereal.
Sue Reno, film soup, image 16

Sue Reno, film soup, image 17

The effect on bare sycamores by a creek is a great enhancement of something that I wouldn't have thought needed enhancement.
Sue Reno, film soup, image 18
A historic house, and a glimpse of a bridge through late winter trees-- it's just thrilling to me how this process adds another layer of interest and meaning.

Sue Reno, film soup, image 19

Pick your platform to find and follow my content, and as always, thanks for reading!





2 comments:

Mandi said...

are you developing these yourself? I just got into photography about 2 years ago and this is what I wanted to try. So far I've learned to develop b&w and next to learn to develop color so I can do film soup!

I actually cam to check out your wet cyanotypes, so it's cool to see your photographic experiments, too!

Sue Reno said...

Hi Mandi, I have no desire to fall into the rabbit hole of developing! This is just a fun sideline for me, and rather than take time and energy away from my main quest, I'm happy to pay someone who knows what they are doing to do the developing. I'm happy that it will be your journey though! And thanks for the kind words.