June 20, 2024

Summer solstice 2024 pinhole images

Sue Reno, summer solstice 24, image 1
I am celebrating the summer solstice once again in my favorite fashion, by unveiling a new set of pinhole camera images. 
Sue Reno, summer solstice 24, image 2
I make the pinhole cameras, such as they are, using a beer can and some black and white photo paper, with a single pinhole to admit light.
Sue Reno, summer solstice 24, image 3
I mounted these out in various locales around my place on the winter solstice in 2023, and have been letting them slowly expose until now.
Sue Reno, summer solstice 24, image 4
Each stripe in the sky represents the path of the sun on a particular day.
Sue Reno, summer solstice 24, image 5
Today I took them down and scanned the photos. I then inverted them to a negative image and did just a light bit of digital cleaning up and enhancing.
Sue Reno, summer solstice 24, image 7
These may or may not be masterpieces, but they make me very happy and remind me that the visual world contains multitudes.
Sue Reno, summer solstice 24, image 8

Pick your platform to find and follow my content, and as always, thanks for reading!

No comments: