September 3, 2019

New Work - In Dreams I Found Utopia

In Dreams I Found Utopia, by Sue Reno
In Dreams I Found Utopia
I am happy to share my latest work, In Dreams I Found Utopia. It's part of my ongoing series The River that features my interpretations of experiences and observations, both real and imagined, of life along the river. To date they have all been about the Susquehanna because that has been my proximal point of reference. In Dreams I Found Utopia has a very specific point of reference, a section of the Northwest Lancaster River Trail that's a favorite bike riding locale.

In Dreams I Found Utopia, by Sue Reno, detail 1
In Dreams I Found Utopia, detail 1
I've spent a lot of my life closely observing the the natural world along the Susquehanna, and yes, it really does show up in my dreams. In this work, it serves as an allegory for a world where all is in balance and beauty abounds.
In Dreams I Found Utopia, by Sue Reno, detail 2
In Dreams I Found Utopia, detail 2
This work is 67"high by 53" wide. It features a needlefelted river panel, and a wet cyanotype print of leaves from native trees. The supporting piecework is all assembled from leftover strips of previous quilts.
In Dreams I Found Utopia, by Sue Reno, detail 3
In Dreams I Found Utopia, detail 3
There is a lot of detailed work in this piece, from the tiny pebbled stitching in the leaves panel, to intricate hand beadwork in the river panel.
In Dreams I Found Utopia, by Sue Reno, detail 4
In Dreams I Found Utopia, detail 4
This one was a pure pleasure to make that went together quickly (by my standards). I hope you enjoy viewing it.

You can track this one back as a work in progress by clicking here, or clicking on the tag below or on the right sidebar.

A reminder that you can follow along on your social media of choice:
Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/suerenostudio
Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/suereno
Tumblr: http://suerenostudio.tumblr.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sue_reno_studio/

No comments: