October 2, 2016

Late Summer Roses - update 2

 I'm working on a new project, Late Summer Roses, that I began plein air in the garden of the PA Governor's Residence.  (Read the first installment here.) Back in the studio, I started with a good hard look at what I had made on site.
Late Summer Roses, by Sue Reno, WIP7
I was pleased with it, but there were some obvious corrections to be made, so I made them.
Late Summer Roses, by Sue Reno, WIP8

I then began building on the foundation, detailing the mulch beds and the brickwork, with needlefelting and with stitching. I also added the clouds in the sky.
Late Summer Roses, by Sue Reno, WIP9
Next, I added the first layer of foliage to the trees.

Late Summer Roses, by Sue Reno, WIP10

Stay tuned! Lots more to come, including the rosebushes.

No comments: