January 21, 2014

If I Woke at Dawn, Work in Progress update 3


If I Woke at Dawn, a work in progress by Sue Reno,m detail 3
A snow day gave me some unexpected studio time, and I’m making full use of it by working on “If I Woke at Dawn”.  I’ve continuing to add to the beadwork to the center portion, which is a complete smallish quilt on its own.
If I Woke at Dawn, a work in progress by Sue Reno,m detail 4
I’ve joined the collagraph prints from my previous post into a larger quilt that I plan to mount the center image on.
If I Woke at Dawn, a work in progress by Sue Reno,m detail 5
I’ve layered this separate quilt, and just finished the quilting on it.  I still need to finish the edges.If I Woke at Dawn, a work in progress by Sue Reno,m detail 6 A few more evenings of beadwork, and I will be ready to finish the assembly.  This is going together relatively quickly, especially for a quilt I wasn’t planning on making.  I am very excited about both the concept and the work itself, and glad I took some time for experimentation.

Now to suit up and do another round of snow shoveling……

No comments: