April 17, 2010

Publications - 1000 Artisan Textiles & SAQA Journal

I had time today to sit down ard peruse two publications featuring my work that came in the mail this week. First up was 1000 Artisan Textiles. Above is the page with Fireball, full and detail shots, and Cold Cave, full and detail. On the opposing page is a full page shot of November Pawpaw. (My scanner is mediocre, so forgive the mediocre quality of these images.)
To my surprise and delight, as I turned the pages I discovered I had another work , Sumac, in the book (it was missing from the notification email, but is credited in the directory).

My friend Brenda Smith has written up an excellent review of the book, you can read it on her blog here. I would add that if I had a friend who wondered just what constituted contemporary fiber art, I would send them to this book--it has depth as well as breadth. There are inclusions by artists I am familiar with, but also some that are new to me, and I will be spending some happy hours checking out their websites.
My other happy discovery was to find Fireball in the Spring volume of the SAQA Journal, in the Member Gallery: Pieced Quilts.
Lest you think I'm spending all my time resting on my laurels, such as they are, rest assured that I am hard at work in the studio on the preliminary phases of a LOT of new work; pictures will be forthcoming as things progress.

2 comments:

Uniquely Yours Creations said...

Congratulations Sue! Well deserved.
Your quilts are one of a kind!
Looking forward to seeing your new work!

Brenda Gael Smith said...

Thanks for the link love Sue!

Your spread of art in 1000 Artisan Textiles looks fantastic! And congratulations on your latest success with Plume Poppies and White Mulberry.