December 29, 2009

Meeting Brenda Smith

Today I had the great good fortune to meet Brenda Smith in person. I've known Brenda online for some time, admire her work, and read her blog regularly. I also follow the 12 x 12 collaborative art project that Brenda is part of, along with Gerrie and Terry, who I met in Oregon earlier this year. When I learned that Brenda was in the country and coming to Lancaster, I rearranged my schedule so I could meet her, and her equally charming travelling companions, for lunch today at the Iron Hill Brewery. We raised a glass and had a chance to chat about art and life and connections, and a good time was had by all. I love the way the blogosphere and Facebook facilitate these types of encounters. Thanks, Brenda, and best wishes for the remainder of your travels.

No comments: