July 12, 2009

Dandelion Prints

I'm really busy in the studio right now, with a veritable round robin of projects underway. Most of them are still in the preliminary stages, where I'm making prints, picking colors and fabrics, and doing the initial design work. I've made some cyanotype prints for a Dandelion quilt or quilts that are in progress and they turned out very nice and crisp. These are huge leaves from a garden bed that is slightly neglected, so I got to pull "weeds" and make art all in one go.

I wrote about the inspiration for this work in a previous blog post here, which also includes a picture of my grandmother, who had 15 children but did not obtain celebrity status.

This is my 200th blog post! Time sure flies when you're having fun.

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

I am digging the negative space in these prints.