April 3, 2009

Denver National Quilt Festival Acceptance

I'm happy to announce that Big Root Geranium has been juried in to the Denver National Quilt Festival, April 30 - May 3, in Denver, CO. It features cyanotypes on silk--I was so pleased with the way the prints of the delicate blossoms turned out--along with handpainted and commercial fabrics in silk and cotton, and a lot of hand beadwork. I think it does a good job of capturing that moment in late spring/early summer when the perennial geraniums bloom, so the timing of the Festival seems especially appropriate.

This is the first quilt that I chronicled in detail as a work in progress; you can read about it by clicking on Big Root Geranium under Labels in the sidebar at the right.

5 comments:

Kristin L said...

QHC and Denver National -- you go girl!!

Sue Reno said...

Thanks Kristin!

Leslie said...

Congratulations,Sue. I will actually get to see this one in person as I will be going to the show.

Sue Reno said...

Cool! You'll have to let me know what the show was like. I often wish I was as well traveled as my quilts.

Pat Dolan said...

Congratulations Sue! You're really on a roll with all the acceptances. How perfectly wonderful!