January 2, 2020

The Susquehanna in December

Susquehanna River, Breezywood overlook, image 1
I was back in Lancaster County, PA, for several days over the holidays, and I squeezed a few hours to visit some of my favorite spots along the River. I am here to say that although I have moved away, my love affair with the Susquehanna continues unabated. It's just so very beautiful, as are the woodlands surrounding it. I was there on a very mild and misty morning, with my fisheye lens handy.
Susquehanna River, Breezywood overlook, image 2
These first three shots are from the Breezyview Overlook.
Susquehanna River, Breezywood overlook, image 3
This one is from a section of the Northwest Lancaster County River Trail, near Marietta, that I've ridden countless times.
Susquehanna River, Northwest Lancaster County River Trail, Image 1
Here's a boat launch site near Marietta:
Susquehanna River, Northwest Lancaster County River Trail, Image 2
This is another section of the trail, looking at a bridge over the Chiques Creek where it enters the Susquehanna.
Susquehanna River, Northwest Lancaster County River Trail, Image 3
Here I am at the base of Chiques Rock, looking wonderfully insignificant by comparison.
Chiques Rock, Northwest Lancaster County  River Trail, Image 1
Here's the fisheye view of the rock. I've been here below it, and up on the peak of it, many many times.
Chiques Rock, Northwest Lancaster County  River Trail, Image 2
I'm currently at such an interesting place, art-inspiration wise. I am very happy I made the move to the Pittsburgh area, but naturally I miss the people and the landscapes I now see only intermittently. Part of my current vibe stems from the fact that I (understandably) haven't yet found the time to really explore the new rivers and landscapes that await me here. One of my goals for the coming year is to rectify that situation. But I am coming to the realization that there will be room for both sets of inspiration, it's not an either/or situation, and I will be the richer for it.

No comments: