May 24, 2019

Experiments in wet cyanotype - part 40

Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 615
 I made these prints earlier in May, on a nice sunny warm day. They are on my favorite cotton sateen that I treated with the cyanotype chemicals.  I used some of the newly emerging greenery from my perennial beds, including a hosta, and two wood poppy leaves.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 616
 You can see the developing seed pods on this one. It's such an interesting plant.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 617
 I also caught the tail end of the variegated Solomon's seal blooms.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 618
 I could tell right away it was going to be an energetic set of wet cyan prints. Here they are after exposure, but before rinsing out.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 619
 There's a LOT going on here, and I love it.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 620
 The wood poppy leaves and stems have yellow sap in them, so they tend towards a partial eco-print effect.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 621
 This one is looking dark and mysterious at this stage.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 622
 Here are the finished prints. I am just delighted with them.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 623
There's lots of sparkling disturbances in these.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 624
 You can especially see the eco-print effect in the two seed pods here, and on the leaf veins.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 625
 I love the how the tones deepen towards purple on this one.
Wet cyanotype_Sue Reno_Image 626
If you are a regular reader, thanks for stopping by!
If you are new here, you can follow all 40 parts of my wet cyanotype adventure, with all the tips and tricks and images, by clicking on the Wet Cyanotype tab in the top header, or by going here.

You can also follow along on your social media of choice:
Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/suerenostudio
Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/suereno
Tumblr: http://suerenostudio.tumblr.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sue_reno_studio/

1 comment:

Franki said...

These are great prints Sue!