June 11, 2010

Willow Valley Exhibit

I just took down an exhibit of 11 of my large art quilts in the Cultural Center Art Gallery at the Willow Valley Retirement Community here in Lancaster County.
The Gallery is an expansive and beautiful space that reflects the ethos of this extensive and impressive community, and was a wonderful - and properly lit- backdrop for my work. I also had the opportunity to give a gallery talk to an enthusiastic group of women involved in the community's quilting club, and a good time was had by all.

My sincere thanks to Jen, the Events Coordinator, for inviting me to exhibit and for making it such a positive experience.

In other exhibit news, I'm headed to Penn State this evening for the opening reception of Images 2010 in the Robeson Gallery; my Plume Poppy will be making its debut in this show, accompanied by White Mulberry. Should be a fun evening!

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

Wow - your quilts are positively glowing in that setting. Very nice.

Cathy said...

What Gerrie said. Wish I could have gone to Penn State but I leave for Columbus (NQA show) on Monday. How long will Images be there? Maybe on my way home...but I'll be with you in spirit.

Sue Reno said...

Thanks! Cathy, the exhibit is up until July 11. Have fun in Columbus!