December 30, 2022

Experiments in wet cyanotype - part 82

Sue Reno_wet cyanotype_image 1038
This is the last of my 2022 catch up posts for botanical printmaking. It's a single panel I fit in on a sunny day in autumn, with the last of the Joe Pye weed blossoms. 
Sue Reno_wet cyanotype_image 1039
It's on a cotton sateen panel, roughly 2 ft. x 4 ft. I used a mix of cyanotype and solarfast chemicals. 
Sue Reno_wet cyanotype_image 1040

 I love the nuanced way the color fades around the edges. It will make a magnificent centerpiece for an art quilt and has joined the queue awaiting my time and attention.

Thanks as always for reading! You can also follow along on your platform of choice:

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I just love seeing all your prints! You give us so much inspiration!! Happy New Year!!!