January 9, 2023

Beyond the Blue exhibit at BRCC

 I am excited to announce that my exhibit Beyond the Blue: Contemporary Narrative Quilts is now open in the Fine Arts Center Gallery at Blue Ridge Community College in Weyers Cave, Virginia. The exhibit runs from January 3 - February 23, 2023.


 I will be there for an artist talk on February 2nd at 11:30, with a reception to follow at 12:30. In the event of inclement weather the lecture will be moved to Zoom. 

UPDATE 2/1/2023: The talk has been moved to Zoom, reception will follow in the gallery. Please see FB or Instagram for updates and details. 

This opportunity came about because the Gallery Director saw the exhibit at the Virginia Quilt Museum and initiated a request to have it travel to the BRCC. It's been a pleasure working with both institutions in making this happen so seamlessly. 


These pictures are from the installation and I am delighted with the clean aesthetic of the gallery space. They were able to include 9 of the 10 quilts from the original exhibit (no room for my huge In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin), so if you missed it last fall, here's your chance to see it!

Quilts included are: Sanctuary, In Dreams I Saw the Rift, Tropical Depression, In Dreams I Went Fishing, In Dreams I Found Utopia, Under the Thunder Moon, Fever Dream, On the Verge, and Partly Cloudy.

Thanks as always for reading! You can also follow along on your platform of choice:

No comments: