June 19, 2018

Heat Lightning acceptance for Season after Season

Heat Lightning by Sue Reno
Heat Lightning
 I am delighted to share my latest work, Heat Lightning. I am equally delighted and somewhat astonished to also announce that it has been accepted in the SAQA exhibit Season after Season.
Heat Lightning by Sue Reno, detail 1
Heat Lightning, detail 1
 Season after Season will debut at the Texas Quilt Museum in La Grange, TX, on January 10, 2019, and will then travel to other venues TBA through 2022. The jurors for the exhibit were Karey Bresenhan and Nancy O’Bryant Puentes.
Heat Lightning by Sue Reno, detail 2
Heat Lightning, detail 2
 I seldom make work specifically for a submission, largely because I have a large backlog of work already in progress that demands my time and attention. But in this instance, the theme fit perfectly into my existing body of work, so I was happy to size it within the guidelines. I was also motivated to submit because of how wonderful the SAQA Global Exhibitions are--after my initial paperwork and shipping, SAQA takes over and finds the venues and arranges all the details. As part of Seasonal Palette, The Organic Landscape traveled the world to exhibits it would have been difficult to participate in as an individual artist.
Heat Lightning by Sue Reno, detail 3
Heat Lightning, detail 3
 Consequently, the submission process is highly competitive, hence my astonished reaction at being accepted. But having acknowledged that, I am very proud and excited about this quilt. It was designed using some of the wet cyanotype prints, from plants in my garden, that I made last summer. I am in love with the process and the results, and am glad I will have an audience to share it all with.
Heat Lightning by Sue Reno, detail 4
Heat Lightning, detail 4
 I started my usual process blog posts for this one here, then got overtaken by events and didn't add to it, and the acceptance notices came out early so here we are....But one of the conditions for the exhibit is to produce and artist's journal for the work; I have all my notes and photos and samples, etc., so it will all get documented.
Heat Lightning by Sue Reno, detail 5
Heat Lightning, detail 5
As always, thanks for reading and commenting!

And a reminder that I also post on social media:
Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/suerenostudio
Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/suereno
Tumblr: http://suerenostudio.tumblr.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sue_reno_studio/

No comments: