April 9, 2019

In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin - Acceptance to Art of the State

Update 6/23/19 I am thrilled to announce that In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin was awarded Third Prize, Craft, at the opening of the exhibit.

In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin, by Sue Reno
In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin
 I am very happy and honored to share that my latest work In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin has been accepted for Art of the State Pennsylvania 2019.
In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin, by Sue Reno, detail 1
In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin, detail 1
 This is a highly competitive exhibit featuring the finest work by Pennsylvania residents in the categories of Painting, Work on Paper, Photography & Digital Arts, Sculpture and Craft.
In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin, by Sue Reno, detail 2
In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin, detail 2
 I am often compelled to make large scale works, like this one at 55" x 94", because I need that scale to tell the story I envision. It can be hard to find exhibit venues for work of this size though, so I am doubly delighted to be included here. The Museum gallery has the space to display work like this with room to breathe, and the lighting and other details are always impeccably handled.

In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin, by Sue Reno, detail 4
In Dreams I Slept in a Cabin, detail 4
The opening reception is June 23, 1:30 - 5:00, and the exhibit runs until September 8th. If you are in the area I hope you find an opportunity to visit the Museum, it has a lot to offer.

No comments: