February 28, 2019

Acceptances to ARTQUILTSdreams


I'm thrilled to announce that both of my entries were accepted for the Professional Art Quilters Alliance – South 14th juried international exhibition ARTQUILTSdreams: a display of contemporary quilts reflecting the artists’ interpretation of dreams. ARTQUILTSdreams will show at Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary, NC 27513, March 27 – May 18, 2019. There will be an artist reception on April 26 from 6:00-8:00 PM.

In Dreams I Climbed the Cliffs by Sue Reno
In Dreams I Climbed the Cliffs
I got excited when I saw the theme in the call for entry, as I've been making quilts based on my dreams for several years now, as part of my series The River. In Dreams I Climbed the Cliffs was accepted; it features a needlefelted river panel surrounded by felted, painted, and manipulated fabrics.
In Dreams I Climbed the Cliffs by Sue Reno, detail
 Also included is in Dreams I saw the Colors Change, it too features needlefelting, painting, and fabric manipulation.
In Dreams I Saw the Colors Change, by Sue Reno
In Dreams I Saw the Colors Change
 Like most fiberart, these pieces have details and textures that are tough to capture in photographs, so I am very grateful to have such a fine venue to display them in person.
In Dreams I Saw the Colors Change, by Sue Reno, detail
In Dreams I Saw the Colors Change, detail

1 comment:

Franki Lori Kohler said...

Well done Sue! Congratualtions!