December 26, 2017

Wet Cyanotype article in MQU

 I am thrilled and honored to share that my wet cyanotype work is currently featured in Machine Quilting Unlimited, the Jan.-Feb. 2018 edition. The article is Working with Wet Cyanotype, and is a 6 1/2 page, 18 photo step-by-step tutorial on the process. It includes prints I did specifically for the article (not shared on social media) and the debut of my latest quilt, Storm Watch.

If you've been following my blog over the past 6 months or so, you know how much fun I had experimenting with this technique that breaks all the rules of traditional cyanotype printmaking. In this article I give you concise, simple directions so you can play around with wet cyan and make your own amazing prints.

But wait, there's more! MQU is a consistently great publication, and this issue is no exception. There's a LOT of good information here, and you really should get your own copy. It's available at Barnes and Noble, online, or by subscription.

No comments: