September 20, 2019

Experiments in wet cyanotype - part 42

Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 640
I am approaching the place where I can be a working artist again. The bulk of the moving/setting up the house/finding new providers stuff is under control. The studio is very close to being entirely functional. I am doing bits of handwork I had set up previously, but am starting to entertain ideas about new work.
In that spirit, I did a quick batch of wet cyanotype prints, the first since dismantling the studio in early June. I clipped bits of foliage that were close at hand in my new yard and garden and used them for prints. Above is some wild grape, aka fox grape, and below is a bit of virginia creeper.
Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 641
I didn't try anything fancy with extra chemicals or colors here, they are just straight up wet cyan prints, put out on a sunny September day and left for about 5 hours. Below are a few more fox grape panels.
Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 642

Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 643
I am a bit rusty and may have added a bit too much moisture to some of these, but I am viewing them as simply practice pieces, to test out my new environment. Here are the prints after exposure and before rinsing.
Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 644

Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 645
I've got a bit of that coveted orange fire on some of these.
Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 646

Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 647
Here they are rinsed, dried, and finished.
Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 648
I'm happy with the results.
Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 649
I've already treated more fabric in anticipation of more prints.
Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 650
I unavoidably missed a good bit of the summer printmaking season, but September and October still offer lots of opportunities.
Wet cyanotype -Sue Reno_Image 651
A reminder that you can follow along on your social media of choice:
Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/suerenostudio
Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/suereno
Tumblr: http://suerenostudio.tumblr.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sue_reno_studio/

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

Wow! You're fast at setting up house! Good on you. And you've made some lovely prints. Do you have a good garden to use?