September 21, 2011

New Work - Clematis ‘Will Goodwin’ - IQA Silent Auction

SueReno_ClematisWillGoodwin
Clematis 'Will Goodwin'
I’ve just finished a new small art quilt, “Clematis ‘Will Goodwin’”.  It’s my contribution to the International Quilt Association’s Celebrity Mini Quilt Silent Auction.  This is an invitational event and I was honored to be asked to participate.  If you are attending the Festival in Houston this November, be sure to check it out along with all the other Auction quilts, and perhaps bid on your favorites.  (Also while you are at the Festival, be sure to view my “Watt & Shand #6” and “Watt & Shand #10” in the Tactile Architecture Exhibit.)
SueReno_ClematisWillGoodwinDetail
Clematis 'Will Goodwin' - detail
It’s based on a photograph of said clematis, which grows up my mailbox post.  I used the image to make a cyanotype print on cotton for the center panel.  The size is 18” high by 17” wide, and it features hand embroidery, hand beadwork, machine quilting, and couched yarn.  The fabrics are silks and textured cottons.  It was fun to make--I always enjoy the meditative qualities of hand beading--and I hope it brings the high bidder a lot of pleasure.

1 comment:

Frieda Oxenham said...

It's gorgeous, Sue. I'm sure it will be snapped up by the lucky new owner to be.